The Stage Manager/Assistant Stage Manager is responsible for the efficient and smooth operation of Singapore Symphony Orchestra (SSO) rehearsals, recordings, and performances, creating the best possible environment for SSO musicians to rehearse and perform. This role reports to the Production Manager.
- Plan, prepare and coordinate staging and production requirements for all SSO rehearsals, recordings and performances
- Ensure backstage facilities are in order for use by conductors and musicians
- Work with venue technicians and crew to ensure suitable working conditions on and off stage
- Coordinate and execute any stage moves as required
- Manage backstage operations during rehearsals, recordings and performances
- Call technical cues as required
- Coordinate and oversee the movement of equipment and instruments to various venues as required for rehearsals, recordings and performances
- Maintain inventory of technical equipment and instruments, and help to arrange for repairs when required
- Perform other production duties as they relate to the SSO and the SSG
- Minimum Diploma in Arts Management/Technical (Theatre) Production or similar qualification.
- Candidates holding Higher Nitec certification with at least 3 years' of industry work experience are welcome to apply
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends when needed
- Experience and knowledge of technical production or orchestra operations is required
- Proficiency in computing and computer software, e.g. Microsoft Office suite and CAD software
- Effective oral/written communication skills and supervisory skills
- Team player and ability to work well with a variety of personalities
- Experience and ability to read music, with an interest in classical music is a plus
- Candidates with more experience may be considered at the Manager level
Please provide a comprehensive resume and cover letter with current and expected salaries to email@example.com.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.