The Director, Patrons holds primary responsibility in the company to build capacity for the future through the planning and implementation of a synergistic and holistic approach towards all patron strategies and activities, including fund-raising, marketing for current and future concert and non-concert event audiences, as well as maintaining relationships with customers at different tiers via an excellent customer experience and journey.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Direct: Heads of Marketing Communications and Development and Customer Experience Manager
Indirect: A division of approximately 20 staff
Reporting structure: Serve in the senior management team reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Lead the department heads of the Patrons division and their teams in planning and implementing a holistic approach towards patron relationships and acquisition. The role requires proactive consultation with other departments and different stakeholders which include the Music Director, the Board, conductors, and musicians.
Leadership responsibilities: As a senior leader, focus on people, their career development, and the well-being of direct and indirect reports. Coordinate with HR and Finance on budget and company policy requirements. Regularly and proactively communicate and update CEO and other departments on activities and plans. Assist the CEO with special projects as assigned.
- Customer journey: Lead the Patrons division teams to develop customer roadmap, define audience and donor segments, and achieve planned outcomes.
- Integrated communications: Lead and ensure coordination of external and internal communications strategy across audience, donors and stakeholders.
- Relationships: Cultivate positive relationships with leaders of grant-making foundations, corporations, and senior stakeholders in government agencies and media partners, as well as SSO Friends and audience members. Seek out additional funding opportunities. Steward existing and build new channels to increase philanthropic, government, corporate and individual support for the orchestra.
- Strategy: Develop and drive achievement of overall company strategy and the Patrons division’s contributions towards the company’s strategic goals.
- Data-driven approach: Use data to develop a holistic approach towards customers on different parts of the customer journey with the SSG. Regularly assess IT systems to ensure they support the Patrons division’s goals.
- Customer service culture: Drive an always-on customer-centric culture throughout the organisation. Regularly review customer service standards and develop training plans for the permeation of a customer-centric culture for the organization.
- Provide strategic direction for fundraising efforts:
- Strategy making: Based on the needs of the organisation, work closely with the Development department on fund-raising directions that may be department-initiated or led by the Board of Directors and the SSO Council, using a data-driven approach
- Fundraising inputs for high-level prospects: Identify giving interests from high-level prospects through close relationship-building and represent the SSG in gift discussions and stewarding efforts
- Drive growth in donation and in-kind sponsorship outcomes
Marketing Communications Department
- Provide strategic direction and oversee:
- Audience strategy: Define audience segments to optimise ticket revenue and attendance
- Digital strategy: Raise digital presence to drive growth in online reach and engagement
- Brand: Ensure delivery of Group-level brand promise across the different channels and business units
- System and platform initiatives and expanded integrations
- Strategic partnerships, including agencies and media partners
Customer Experience Department
- Provide strategic direction for a customer-centric approach toward patrons:
- Ensure communications are delivered consistently across customer touchpoints
- Lead decision-making for escalation of customer feedback and vendor issues
- Evaluate and streamline business processes
- Bachelor’s Degree and above and/or extensive experience in customer-facing or donor-facing roles
- A proven track record in leading large teams (across different portfolios) to success while ensuring high team morale and well-being, and with a commitment to shared organisational goals and values
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact and manage issues/conflict resolutions effectively at all levels
- Experience with relationship-building at senior levels of organisations
- Candidates with an interest in classical music and/or the performing arts will have an advantage
Please provide a comprehensive resume and cover letter also stating current and expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.